Is this chick for real?
If you looked up the word D-Bag in the dictionary, Wes' picture would be front and center.
I think Jillian is cute and fun and all, but she's kinda, sorta making females all over the world look dumb, gullible and tragic.
Not one, but TWO people told you that Wes has a girlfriend, let him go. He's not that cute, he's not that charming, and he does not act as though he's into you.
A Monday off of work- A morning in bed- An afternoon at the pool- Mexican with the fiance- Need I say more?
Monday, June 29, 2009
Is this chick for real?
Sunday, June 28, 2009
1. New Hutch
2. Lazy Sundays
3. I took tomorrow off, so I can stay up a little later tonight
4. Steak hot off the grill
We made another purchase for the house today. Because we've registered for gorgeous china for our wedding, I've been thinking about purchasing a china cabinet for months now.
The fiance and I looked around a bit, but we couldn't handle the price tag of a whole new dining room set right now.
Then, fate stepped in. A friend of a friend happens to be moving out of her house and onto her boat. As a result, she needs to downsize. She sold us a perfectly fabulous hutch (that will serve as a china cabinet)for only 200 bucks.
These are only crappy camera phone pictures (I'm too lazy to whip out the camera and upload right now), but you'll get the picture (ha).
I'm super excited about our new purchase and I think it goes quite well with our current decor/kitchen. Hooray for getting a good deal!
1. We spent another 91 bucks on the house yesterday, but we managed to buy spray paint, white paint for the trim, new knobs for the corner cabinet, flowers, mulch, top soil, grass seed, border, a garden hose and other small things. It was yard work day and the place is looking better already. We cut down two trees that were blocking our windows (oh yes, we bought an ax too), raked up all of the old junky mulch, created a new border, applied new mulch and planted some new flowers. We also put top soil all over our lawn and are going to try to grow new grass. We'll see how that goes.
2. Our first meal on our new charcoal grill. We had chicken and shrimp kabobs and they were FABULOUS!
Friday, June 26, 2009
1. I have the cutest fiance who happens to crack me up. He came in the house from work with "I'm on a boat" blasting on his cell phone and his aviator shades. I laughed my butt off.
2. We had an impromptu dance party to "I'm on a boat" in the living room. I'm glad he's okay with making a fool out of himself with me.
3. Happy hour by the pool at our pool. Need I say more?
drink apple cider vinegar straight.
Seriously, mix it in water. You'll thank me later.
I'm starting to develop wedding anxiety and I hope it was only a one time thing. Two nights ago I started worrying about my walk down the aisle (we're at the 3 month, 3 week mark). I love my fiance and I can't wait to marry him, but I do NOT want to walk down the aisle. I just know that I'll be the bride that falls, passes out or pukes. Clearly, I spent the next two hours laying in bed with my head spinning.
The cure-- 1 xanax. It works every time. Here's hoping that's the last bit of wedding anxiety for awhile.
In other news, a group of four of us decided to start up with our tennis lessons again yesterday. I had a lot of fun, but honestly-- who signs up to play tennis outside during the summer? We do. I came home drenched in sweat. Not attractive. You don't know humidity until you experience a Maryland summer.
1. You saw my house post, I love it!
2. A great lunch out with the girls
3. Despite the sweat, a fabulous tennis lesson.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
I'm doing it- I'm going to try the apple cider vinegar diet.
I went out today, and picked myself up a bottle o' Braggs.
Do I anticipate that it's going to work? Not necessarily, but I sure hope so. I figure that it's worth a shot. If it will save me a trip the the gym, I'll drink vinegar.
I've gotta ask though, how in the world do you ladies stomach that stuff? I mixed it with 8 oz of water this evening, but it was semi-painful to drink.
Hints, tricks and your experience are greatly appreciated!
Warning: My Grace in Small things isn't as positive as usually. I have a sinus headache and a sore throat so I'm a lil' pissy. Sorry.
1. The fiance was away for work, but the sun was shining!
1. I feel a sore throat coming on, but the sun is shining!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
(This is about John & Kate Plus 8-- sorry)
1. I've never seen a man more checked out in my life.
2. John is either ready to marry his 10 yr old girlfriend or he's having a midlife crisis. Did you see those earrings (he just pierced them), that sports car and the Ed Hardy clothes?
I spy a breakdown from miles away.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Honestly, I could care less if John and Kate stayed married or get a divorce. Yes, they should probably stay together for the kids (or at least try to work it out) and Yes, they seem miserable with each other and are a poor example of a loving relationship and they should get a divorce.
Regardless of what they do, I'm wondering why they went through that whole wedding vow renewal not even a year ago?!?! I wasted an hour of my life watching that program where they swore up and down to yours, mine, and their god that they would do whatever they could to stay together. If my memory serves me well, Kate specifically said that they were renewing their vows to show their kids that they will NEVER break up.
Ha, maybe she was drunk when she said that?
Anyways, I do feel bad for the kids. Especially because throughout the years John and Kate have single handedly ruined their relationships with both sets of grandparents, both sets of siblings, and all of their old friends (beth, jodi etc.). Who are the parents going to turn to?
On another note-- I think John's an ass, but since when did Kate start wearing mini skirts and 4 inch heels whenever she left the house? She looks more and more tramp-ish by the episode.
1. My Monday! Can you believe it?!?!?-- I enjoyed a Monday at work. Tis true, I am loving life in the summer.
2. A little sun and a little work out.
3. A phenomenal dinner-- I'll post the recipe soon.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Friday, June 19, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
1. I took pictures, but I'm far too lazy to upload them right now. The number one Grace in Small Things for the day-- my kitties. They are freaking adorable. Sage is my cute cuddle bug and Snap is totally hysterical. Yeah, yeah, I love my cats. Get over it-- I'm getting married in four months so I'm not a total cat lady.
2. I'm getting married in four months!
As in, as of today, I'll be married to my sweet fiance in four months.
Except he'll be my husband.
In other news, things are going to be busy for the next few days.
Tomorrow is the fiances' birthday! My brother and (maybe) my sister are going to come up to see our new place and they will celebrate with us tomorrow night. On Friday, I planned a small happy hour with friends for John's birthday. On Saturday we're going to help my parents move (yes, they bought a new house) and we're going to celebrate John's birthday AND my sister's birthday AND father's day. Then on Sunday we're going to hang with the fiances family to celebrate his birthday and father's day.
I may be MIA, but now you know why.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
I woke up today and I loved the light blue. Seriously, I change my mind 2343423 times per day about everything. I better let this one sit for awhile.
In other news, I had a fabulous day at work today. Although the kids have been out for at least a week, all of the teachers and other school staff were around. I think today felt like my first day of work (for real) this summer because everyone was gone and I was allowed to converse with my school psychologist comrades. It felt more relaxed and I'm already breathing easier.
After a day at work, I headed off to the lady doctor for my yearly. That is where things went a little sour. I realize that people need to have babies and shiz, but I sat in that waiting room for over an hour before they even took me back into the room. After I stripped down to nothing, they made me sit back in the room for 45 more minutes (Public Service Announcement- If I'm going to wait for 45 minutes ADDITIONAL minutes, at least let me wait fully clothed in a comfortable chair). I didn't get out of there for well over 2 hours. Two hours for an appointment that takes all of 3.5 minutes. Lovely.
1. Fabulous day at work!
2. Great lunch with some great friends and great conversation.
3. I came home from my appointment to find the cats fed and dinner on the table. What a sweetie.
Lastly, it's my sister's birthday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERINN!
Monday, June 15, 2009
I decided to go ahead and paint the rest of the room the offending color since it was 3/4 of the way finished. This way I can live with it for a little bit to see what I think.
The fiance has changed his tune and likes the color now. I can't decide if it's growing on him, or if he's just lazy and doesn't want to deal with repainting (I know it's that one- he wanted to leave it white to begin with).
I really like it about 65% of the time. In fact, if I didn't have two friends that brought up the topic of a baby boy's room at the mention of light blue, I probably would have loved it.
I think that part of the problem is our current decor. We're rocking a navy and yellow bed spread and it just doesn't jive with the light blue. I wasn't intending on it working out together either. We've decided to upgrade to a king and we registered for new sheets (that work perfectly with the blue) on our wedding registry. The problem is, we won't be getting anything off of that for four more months.
1. I took the day off and I slept in!
2. I cleaned the whole house, made dinner, went grocery shopping, spent an hour at the pool AND managed to paint an entire room myself. Plus, I had time to spare.
3. I rock at life lately.
I suuuuck at picking out paint.
I don't like to wait so I often just run out, pick out a color, buy a whole gallon and whip out the brush.
Not a great idea.
I had to go through three different greens before finding the perfect one.
Today, I took the day off of work because, HELLO, it's summer. On the to do list-- painting our bedroom. We picked out a light blue color because we were going for that beachy, cottage feel. I know plenty of people with beautiful light blue rooms, but every time I pick out a blue it looks like a baby boy is about to move in (not happening).
I spent a few good pool friendly hours painting our bedroom. In some light, I loved it. When the lights were off, it looked like WOAH, HI BABY MOVING IN. I am torn. When the lights are on, it takes on a grayish blue hue, but unfortunately, it doesn't look like that all of the time.
I'm a spaz and changed my mind about the color every time the sun went behind the clouds, so of course I kept painting. and painting. and painting.
I almost painted the entire room (and it's a giant one) and I'm going to see if it grows on me. I'm thinking that it won't since when the fiance came home he took one look at it and said, it's not very grown up.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
25/365-- Saturday-- we were at John's Company Party!
1. Feasting on Crabs!
2. Snow cones
3. Cotton Candy
4. Going to bed early
1. Sleeping in and cuddling with my honey
2. Lazy Sunday mornings
3. I managed to hit the gym on a Sunday!
4. I also played tennis with the fiance
5. The pool- it was a great place to cool off after a game of tennis
Saturday, June 13, 2009
I may be doing Grace in Small things, but I'm still easily annoyed.
My current annoyances:
The freakin' 2343252432423 trillion birds that live in my dryer vent. I really need to get that taken care of. I would try to fix it myself but our dyer vent is three stories up. Obviously nothing can be an easy fix.
Identity theft. This is the THIRD time that someone has hacked into my accounts and have attempted to steal money from me.
Sunburn. Oops-- that was an accident.
Friday, June 12, 2009
1. Friiiiiiiiiiiiiday (should be self explanatory)
2. Penguins won the Stanley Cup!!
3. We had a few friends over to watch the game and we had a GREAT time.
In other news, how in the WORLD is it already mid-June. This has been the fastest month of my life.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
1. A night out an about with my fiance. I love spending time with him.
2. Chipotle and Coldstone. Not really part of my diet, but at least I'm working out now. Before, I'd eat that and I wouldn't work out.
3. I had a cute outfit on today-- and received several compliments.
4. It's THURSDAY!! I have a staff meeting tomorrow followed by a staff party.
We're slowly but surely piecing together our new house.
Here is the only before picture that we took of our new living room before we moved in. This picture was taken at our inspection (that's my dad right there) and you can see what we had to work with. White walls, beige carpeting, geriatric curtains, and a faux fireplace mantle with a mirror in the middle.
Upon moving in, we immediately ripped out the faux fireplace mantle, repaired a crap load of drywall from behind the faux fireplace and took down those awful curtains (I know they aren't that bad, but I had a terrible aversion to them).
This is what we've done so far. Because we just bought a new house and all, we had to work with all of our existing furniture (aka we're poor) and I think it's going to work just fine for now. Above is the view from the front hallway/foyer looking left.
Next, you'll see the view front the front hallway/foyer looking head on,
This picture came out super dark, but this is the view from the back corner of our living room (right by the bookcase) looking out to the main hallway and the stairway to our basement. I love that we can fit two full size couches in our new living room with PLENTY of room to spare.
Lastly, another side view.
What have we done so far? We've repainted-- it's hard to tell but the color is now a tan/brown (we love it) and we dropped a few bucks on the bamboo blinds (they were worth it). Like I said before, everything else in the room is recycled from our apartment.
I know that we need to add some pictures and decor, but I'm not sure what direction to go in. Once again, any ideas, suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated.
I dream about redoing the color scheme altogether, because I've lived with this stuff for 5 years now, but that entails parting with all of my art, pillows, throws etc. Also, I can't think of any other colors that I'd rather use (besides blue, but we're using that in the bedroom).
On our wishlist-- crown molding. I want it.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Positive Things about Today:
1. This guy......
....and his sister (I wish I had a recent picture of her but she's squirmy). In fact, I just put in a major cuddling session with Sage.
2. I'm going to start blogging for DC Nearlyweds soon! I'm excited and I'll give more details soon!
Don't forget-- if you want free books, sign up for my SUMMER READING GIVEAWAY!!!
This post is really from Tuesday night, but we had a super scary storm and lost internet/cable for several hours. Without further adieu,
1. This show cracks me up. I find it incredibly hysterical and this weeks episode had me laughing for a good fifteen minutes straight.
You know the fiance wants to join the show immediately after our wedding.
2. I joined a gym with four of my girlfriends. Motivation is key and we had a great time working out yesterday.
3. Last day of school with the KIDS, which means that I'm almost out of these crazy schools. I will get my new assignment in July so I'm almost there. The end is in sight.
I'm sorry that I talk about Kate Gosselin on a weekly basis but what is UP with that hairstyle? The spikes in the back, the chunky highlights, and the front is just super awkward. I can't take anyone seriously when they have hair like that.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Monday, June 8, 2009
1. Fresh Bing Cherries and Freshly Cut Pineapple! YUM
2. I took another walk today. I'm going to lose those pounds before the wedding.
3. The fiance made me dinner tonight and it was fabulous-- shrimp stir fry. While he cooked, I got to relax on the couch.
4. I got to get my hands a little dirty and I planted some gorgeous purple and pink flowers into my garden.
It's summer and it's totally the time to lounge about outside, at the pool, or inside with the AC.
I read a million books during the summer and can't get enough.
ENTER my giveaway by June 12 and win these two totally-trashy-perfect-for-summer-books!
Now for the rules:
Leave me a comment telling me what your favorite summer reading book is!
BEST OF LUCK!
Sunday, June 7, 2009
1. It was another gorgeous day!
2. We hit up our pool for the first time this season! I'm so glad we got a membership this year.
3. I followed the pool with a slurpee. It's pathetic, I just can't get enough.
4. The fiance and I enjoyed a fabulous Sunday breakfast together, made by moi.
5. I purchased some flowers today and I cannot wait to get out in the garden.
Several of you asked me for my Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf and I am more than happy to deliver:
1 lb of Ground Chicken
2/3 C Oats
1/2 C Milk
2 1/2 TBSP Buffalo Wing Sauce
1/2 C Chopped Celery
1/2 C Shredded Carrots
1/4 C Chopped Onions
2 Large Egg Whites
1/2 C of Blue Cheese OR 1/2 C of Cheddar Cheese.
* Side Note: I prefer the Blue Cheese, but the fiance is a cheese snob. When I say cheese snob I do not mean that he eats only the best cheeses. I mean that he won't eat any cheese that is not orange.
NOW BACK TO THE RECIPE: Mix all that stuff up there together, mash it into a loaf pan, and bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
Tastes great with Macaroni and Cheese on the side.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
I saw this on the Family of Shorts blog, and I decided that I wanted to play along..
I tag whoever wants to play, but if you do play, make sure that you let me know. I want to read all about ya'll.
Ashley and the Fiance
1. What are your middle names? Nicole & Patrick
2. How long have you been together? We've been together since October 2007, we've been engaged since November 2008, and we're getting married in October 2009.
3. How long did you know each other before you started dating? About a month and a half. I distinctly remember texting my friend Noelle, "we have a really cute kickball ref" in early September 2007.
4. Who asked whom out? He asked me out, but it took him 1.5 months to muster up the courage to do it.
5. How old are each of you? 27 & 27
6. Whose siblings do you see the most? That's a hard one. I think that we probably see his siblings more because my brother lives in Virginia Beach and we need to beg my sister to drive on the capital beltway (aka it doesn't happen).
7. Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? Probably the fact that I'm a homebody, tied closely with the fact that I talk a lot. =]
8. Did you go to the same school? No, we weren't even raised in the same state.
9. Who is smarter? He would probably say that I am smarter. He pokes fun of my millions of masters degrees and honor roll certificates on a semi-regular basis. I happen to think that he's smarter. He knows big words. =]
10. Who is the most sensitive? Neither of us are very sensitive or emotional. Honestly, he's probably more sensitive than I am. I used to be more sensitive before the anti anxiety medication. Ha. I'm hoping to get it back someday.
11. Where do you eat out most as a couple? We generally try new place whenever we go out. We do have a common theme and enjoy Mexican and Asian the most. The only semi regular staple that we have is Acme for wings and beer (don't go there to party and/or after 8pm-- unless you like partying with midshipman).
12. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? This is pathetic, but I think the furthest we've gone is New Jersey. We really need to branch out there, huh?
13. Who has the craziest exes? I do not know a thing about his exes-- obviously b/c I'm his first and only true love. ha. I have a crazy ex, but he's left me alone for the last year or two.
14. Who has the worst temper? Hmmm, that's tough. It takes a lot to make either one of us flip.
15. Who does the cooking? I love to cook and I get home earlier than him, so I usually cook more. However, the fiance is actually a better cook than I am and is no stranger to the kitchen. If I don't feel like cooking, he's always up for it.
16. Who is the neat-freak? Me by a million trillion miles. When I met the boy, you couldn't even find his floor. Now, his clothes are color coordinated- thanks to me.
17. Who is more stubborn? We are both very stubborn. It makes things more exciting.
18. Who hogs the bed? HE hogs the bed, but he'd totally say that I do. It's hard not to hog a full size bed.
19. Who wakes up earlier? Monday through Friday he's up at least an hour before I am. On the weekends, he usually sleeps in later.
20. Where was your first date? Pussers Landing for an outdoor dinner on the dock and Castlebay for a concert.
21. Who is more jealous? Oh totally me.
22. How long did it take to get serious? Not very- we will have met, gotten engaged and been married within two years.
23. Who eats more? Him. I try to keep up, hence the fact that my jeans are too tight.
24. Who's better with the computer? Please. I can't even upload pictures very well.
25. Who drives when you are together? I hate driving. I try to make him drive whenever possible. He usually obliges, but he always drives my car.
1. Oh Saturday, how I love you.
2. The fiance and I went to a party for our bestman. His family has a gorgeous mansion right over the bay bridge on the Eastern shore. It's waterfront property complete with a hot tub, 2 jet skis, and a boat. I had a fabulous time looking out at the water, eating tons (I'm talking at least 10) of crabs, and sitting outside.
3. If finally stopped raining- I haven't seen the sun much lately!
4. I found a cute skirt, a cute pair of capris and a fabulous dress at Target today.
I would also like to holy crap the fact that I'm going to be a Mrs. in 4 months, 1 week and 4 days. I need to figure out what I'm forgetting to do wedding wise. I've barely paid attention to my wedding since deciding to buy a house a few months ago.
Friday, June 5, 2009
1. I finished painting the living room!! =]
2. I had my dress fitting and it is beautiful! I can't wait to wear it.
3. My mom came up and the fiance, mom and I hit up a local happy hour. We ate ridiculous amounts of Thai food and laughed a lot.
4. Oh, and Friday doesn't hurt either.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Oh Snap. We finally decided to get off our butts and paint the living room and we ran out of paint midway.
Those cans may claim to cover a 400 square foot room, but they are full of it. We managed to get one and a half coats on the walls. Guess who's going to Home Depot tomorrow for more?
Now on to my Grace in Small Things:
1. Last day with kids at school #2-- that's niiiice.
2. The living room is almost painted and the hard part is finished. The second coat is the easy part.
3. I'm taking tomorrow off because my mom is coming up for my second wedding dress fitting. I can't wait to get back in it!
4. Despite working hard at work and on the house, I managed to make a really yummy dinner tonight- Buffalo Chicken Meat Loaf. The fiance loved it.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
I think I've sobered up enough to try this....
1. Drinks with Lori. I haven't seen her in awhile, but we act like we saw each other yesterday. I love friends like that and I laughed my butt off the entire time. She explained the whole night beautifully right here. I will admit that i'm trouble, but so is she. =]
2. Drunk shopping with Lori. Do not go to Marshalls with a buzz on.
a. We held up everything hideous and poked fun at it.
b. We disrupted the shopping experience of others
c. We talked really loud and laughed even louder
d. I accidentally went walked into the boys bathroom. The only reason I noticed was because I heard a guy talking very loudly on his cell phone behind the stall door. Don't worry, I booked it out of there.
3. The fiance started painting the living room while I was out with Lori.
4. I love this video. Beware of foul language. If you don't like the F word, don't watch this. If you have a potty mouth like me, you're going to love it.
Lori.. let me know what the husband thought of your purchases. =]
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Okay, I have another one to add:
That little girl, Gia, from the Real Housewives of New Jersey CRACKS ME UP! I want one.
This is a hard one... like I said, my day was relatively shiteous.
I suppose I should look at the bright side though, so here goes:
1. I have a wonderful family, a fabulous fiance, we all have our health and a roof over our heads.
2. Medicine for a bad mood= one 7-11 Slurpee
3. The fiance and I took another walk today. He thinks walks are boring, but I'm hoping that I can start a tradition.
4. I'm having drinks with Lori from My Mid Mid Life Crisis tomorrow. I haven't seen her in FOREVER. You should be jealous.
I'm watching the John & Kate episode from last night...
1. Kate is WAY overdressed for a regular weekday.
2. Every time the blonde ski instructor says something, I picture John thinking, "I'd hit that" over and over and over again.
I need to get a life.
First, we must start with the bachelorette.
I'm not going to lie... I was NOT a fan of Jillian back during that loser Jason's season. I found her to be a little bland and she used words like "wicked," "far out," and "awesome" far too much for a thirty year old (shut up, I'll quit saying those words when I'm thirty too).
Anyways, she's grown on me this season and her outfits are just far too cute. I would kill for that wardrobe... oh, and I would kill to have that body.
Speaking of killing-- what is up with that crazy psycho, Mike? I swear, who in their right mind would say that they wanted to string someone to a fence and beat the crap out of them on national tv? That boy as got to go. He claims he's mister hot shot and always has all of the attention. Puhlease, he's not that cute, he looks like he hasn't slept in weeks, and a guy that threatens to kill someone else on national TV is probably a wife beater. Jillian-- walk away from Mike.
In other news, I woke up feeling fine and my day has become progressively worse. Do you ever have one of those days were you feel like everyone is criticizing you? I feel like that today and it's not very fun.
Monday, June 1, 2009
1. I was in an unusually good mood today for a Monday. I was smiling, I felt good, and I was bright eyed.
2. It was gorgeous out again today. I cannot tell you how much I love 70 degree weather. It is the perfect mix of warm and cool.
3. The fiance and I took a nice long walk around our neighborhood pond. It felt great to get outside and to get some exercise. A night off from housework didn't hurt either.
Self explanatory.. although I'm not going to lie. The wolves seem a little foolish. Edward on the other hand--- so hot.