1. What are your plans for the holidays? Do you travel at Thanksgiving? If you celebrate Christmas, do you travel then, too?
This thanksgiving we went to Fenwick Island, DE with my parents, siblings, aunt, uncle, cousins and grandfather. On Christmas, we will probably celebrate with my husbands family at his parent's house.
2. How do you make the plans for the holiday? If you have a significant other, how do you decide which family to visit?
It's incredibly annoying if I'm being honest. This may be the hardest part of getting married and merging lives. John's family has always had a large Christmas celebration so we usually go there on Christmas. My family really wants us for Thanksgiving so we've gone there the last two years. I'm not sure how we're going to work it out in future years though-- My parents and myself are cool with Christmas at his parents and Thanksgiving at mine but I'm not sure how everyone else feels about it.
3. Do you have your Thanksgiving meal at lunch or later in the day?
Every year my dad says that we will eat at around 2:00, but it's never ready until 3. Ha.
4. Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
Watching the parade on TV, eating our feast, toasting the year, and playing rummy and other board games for the remainder of the day.
5. After a big meal do you lounge around or get up and take a walk?
We almost always go for a long walk.
6. Do you shop on “Black Friday” or do you avoid it?
Hells to the no. I can't even handle the mall on a regular Saturday most of the time. I certainly couldn't deal with the Black Friday crowds. I'll participate via internet though.
7. When do you usually finish your Christmas shopping?
Usually by early to mid December. I'm slacking this year, but we spent 9 days in the Caribbean and 5 days on Fenwick Island so my shopping has been disrupted.
8. Do you and your significant other exchange gifts? Is there a budget?
We always exchange at least a little something, but try to keep it to 100 dollars and under. We don't always stick to it, but we try to.
9. When do you decorate for the holidays?
After Thanksgiving- whenever the mood strikes us. It hasn't yet.
10. Do you go “all out” with the decor or do you keep it simple?
Def. not all out. We don't have an outlet outside so we can't do any lights at all. The hubs is sad about that. We usually put up a tree, a wreath and fill some glass (our glass lamps, bowls etc.) with sparkly ornaments and balls.
Ten on Tuesday is brought to you by Chelsea at Roots and Rings