Here's how we're doing halfway through this month....
1) Complete our Thanks jar! Every day in February, my husband and I will write one thing we
are thankful for every single day.
We are doing it! We may be short one or two days, but I'm counting this as a success so far. I can't wait to read what John wrote at the end of the month.
2) Go out to eat no more than once per week.
We're succeeding with this so far too. We had Burger King once the first week and chinese food once last week. Once a week is so much easier to attain (when compared to no eating out all week).
3) Track everything I eat in my pointsplus calculator (this is going to be hard, I haven't been able to do this for an entire week- let alone month, but it's worth trying).
I don't even think that I did this the day that I came up with this goal. Ha. Oops.
4) Spend no more than 80 dollars this month of clothing, shoes and accessories. I know that this is still a pretty high amount, but seriously- I need something a bit more attainable. I bought SIX freakin' pairs of shoes in January. Granted they were all under 25 bucks (with the exception of my anthropologie boots), but it was still 6 pairs. You could honestly get lost in my closet. My closet is bigger than most master bathrooms. I do not need anymore clothes/shoes/accessories.
So far so good, for the month of February I have only spent $25.00 on a new dress from Target.
5) Keep up with menu planning! Menu plan at least a week in advance.
Done, done and done!
6) Buy no more than 4 items at the grocery store that are not on our list. Clearly, impulse shopping is my weakness (see number 4).
We have been spending way too much at the grocery store lately (well 70-80 ish a week which is more than allowed/usual), but I am sticking to my list which is an improvement.